Spectacular high-end single-family home that speaks of pristine & luxe “Southampton Vibe”.
A most unique location affording you the desirable lifestyle of beaches and water-views - while still being 30 minutes or less from Manhattan!
No detail or expense has been spared in this expansive home - its heart; a grand chef's kitchen leading to an open-plan den with access to a south-facing sundeck, pool, and stairs to an additional roof deck.
Encircling the heart of this home is the large living room with a wood-burning fireplace, an enchanting step-down sunroom and a separate formal dining room. An additional bedroom (or office) and a full bathroom complete this luxurious main floor.
Upstairs are three large bedrooms, a beautiful corner master bedroom, a gorgeous spa-like bathroom, a plethora of custom-built closets and a benched vestibule, another cedar and linen closet.
This all-encompassing home even boasts a lower FULL-SIZE ACCESSORY APARTMENT, fully equipped with a large kitchen, spacious living & dining, a queen size bedroom, tons of storage, and another full bathroom.
– Optimal for Guests, Au-Pair, Caretaker.. The accessory apartment is accessible from both inside the home and also has its own separate entrance. Amazingly this is more house than one can dream of, nothing is missing and it's pristinely move-in ready.
Besides having 15 seafood restaurants, local schools, quaint stores and yacht clubs all within walking distance; 401 King Avenue is located on the best block of City Island only a 2-minute walk to City Island’s longest key-entranced beach. Uniquely this property is also exempt from flood insurance due to its high point – a rare, and desirable combination.
Life on City Island - besides its brilliant location and proximity to Manhattan – is one where kids grow up cycling to school, playing on the beach and in neighbors’ yards! Surrounded by water, nature, bike trails, stables and golf courses; there is a remarkable sense of beach-vibe and a friendly community here. Once work is done, you are on vacation 365 days a year.
This and so much more makes City Island Living THE best kept secret of New York City. Hands down.
• Large 2-car garage & private 4-car driveway
• Pool, Deck & Large roof-terrace with winter water views and
• Manicured garden with auto-sprinkler systems
• 2021 upgraded Central HVAC (forced air AC & heat).
• Baseboard radiators throughout
• 2021 Upgraded electric
• 2019 Chef’s kitchen; Wolf gas range & Sub-Zero fridge
• Hardwood floors throughout
• Recessed custom lighting with dimmers
• Wood burning fireplace
• EXCEMPT of flood insurance
• ONLY $7500 ANNUAL TAXES!
Contact me for the link to a video, it "walks" you through the entire property.
Showings by appointment only, kindly CONTACT LISTING BROKER DIRECTLY with any questions and to set up a showing.